Progress House maintains high standards for its residents along their road to recovery. A zero tolerance policy and high level of accountability makes Progess House a safe place for all of our residents. Men in the house MUST follow these rules:
- Residents must maintain complete abstinence from alcohol and other drugs.
- Residents must submit to random drug and alcohol screening. Any positive drug screen will result in immediate eviction.
- Men in Progress House must maintain gainful employment, and pay rent of $190.00 a week. This rent covers a bed in a 2 or 4 man room, 3 meals a day, and all supportive services. (employment assistance, peer-support meetings, etc.)
- Not all men are employed when they enter Progress House but all must be actively seeking work and should secure a job within two weeks of their move-in. Program staff assist residents in finding jobs while at Progress House.
- All men perform routine household chores, called, “Team Details”. Our clean, home-like atmosphere is maintained by our residents.
- Residents must participate in daily 12-step meetings and will have an AA/NA sponsor within 30 days of move-in.
- Residents are required to treat fellow residents and staff with respect. Any violent, threatening language or behavior is grounds for immediate eviction.
- There is a weekly House Community Meeting, run by residents with staff present, to discuss house issues and to hold residents accountable. Positive behavior is also recognized as a reinforcement of Program benefits.